Blackhorse Lane - NW1 RELAXED STRAIGHT INDIGO 14OZ TURKISH RAW SELVEDGE MENS JEANS
NW1 heritage-inspired straight jeans with a relaxed silhouette, perfect with a cuff. Modern tailoring innovation makes this a durable lifelong pair of jeans. 14oz weight indigo selvedge denim from Turkey make this a soft, comfortable jean from the beginning.
- Heritage 1950s styling with higher back rise and lower front rise
- Medium front rise sits at the hip, high back rise hugs the waist
- Perfect for stronger guys who need a bit of hip and thigh room due to the relaxed fit
- Also great for those with a tummy due to the rises
- Hem opening is wider than the E5
- Perfect balance of providing a bit of room while still looking fitted due to the rises
- The denim is grainy and fairly open, for a soft wear
FABRIC AND TRIMS
- 14oz raw selvedge denim woven in Turkey by Isko Mills
- 100% cotton
- Red selvedge line
- Overall smooth and consistent appearance, with a soft handle from the get go
- Sanforized (pre-shrunk) denim
- Pocket bags are made of 10oz cotton twill from Turkey
- BLA-branded copper-plated nickel buttons and standard rivets produced by YKK
- Cognac-coloured English vegetable-tanned leather patches are cut and stamped by hand in our factory; plates made by Metallic elephant in Essex and cutter made by local Steve
- Leather patches come from JT Batchelor Ltd in Hackney, sourced from Somerset UK and Belgium
- Tobacco-coloured dual duty thread by Coats (polyester core with cotton outer)
- Locally screen printed pockets from Fifth Column, signed off by maker with style, size and mill
- Labels are woven in Wales by GB Labels
- Recycled denim swing tags are pressed by our neighbour Baddeley Brothers(compost them)
- The swing tag twine is hemp, so can be composted or reused
NW1 CONSTRUCTION DETAILS
- Heritage one-piece button fly for strength and tidiness
- Reinforced back pockets with additional 10oz cotton lining piece, for extra defence
- Inside seam is felled for super strength and durability
- Selvedge featured on the outside leg seam
- Outer leg seam is captured within the pocket bag for strength at the pressure point
- Tailoring innovation makes the inside of the jean more beautiful
- Heritage-style waistband construction makes the jean stronger
- Belt loops sewn in to the waistband for strength
- Stress points are bar-tacked or riveted for durability
- Hidden coin/key pocket in the right-hand pocket bag
SIZE & FIT
Fits true to size. Take your normal size.
- “Waist” size is one size larger than the “label” size, which is because these are a higher rise.
- Waist & Hip Stretching – Though pre-shrunk, raw denim stretches up to 2.5cm / 1" in the waist and hip over 30 wears. You may consider sizing down one size as a result.
- Hemming – Our jeans are manufactured at 32" lengths. – Though pre-shrunk, our jeans lose 2.5cm/1" in the length on the first wash. We therefore add 2.5cm /1" to whatever length you request.
- Denim Softening – Raw denim will feel rigid when first worn but will relax and soften over time. The denim will mould to your own body, fitting better with each wear.
RAW DENIM CARE